Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Micah McKay

Well the weeks and weeks of bedrest and painful contractions were well worth it when I held Micah for the 1st time.
Monday May 16th I went into my Dr's appointment hoping and praying that I would be dilated enough to be sent up to L&D. I was scheduled to be started Wednesday the 18th (my 39 week mark) but I really was hoping to have things start on there own. He checked me to find I was still a 3 but said my cervix was very flexible (ok whatever that means) and he would not be surprised if he saw me later that night he then stripped my membranes again made sure I was on the schedule for that Wednesday gave me the info I needed and sent me on my way. I was kinda bummed as I walked out to my car but by the time I got home I was grateful I had 2 days to finish getting ready for baby and make the necessary arrangments for Olivia and Teagan.
About 3:00 I started to notice my contractions were becoming more frequent but I ignored them, I had been contracting for weeks so this was not new to me.
At 4:00 I started timing them, about 5 minutes apart. By 5:00 contractions were coming 3-4 minutes apart. I called Adam at 5:30 to see when he would be home, said I think I may be in labor. At this point I think I was still in denial so I didn't make him rush home. I got off the phone with him and called my mom halfway through my conversation with her things got kicked up a notch and really started to hurt so I of course start crying . Thats all my mom needed, she told me to pack up the kids she was on her way to get them. So I start packing the kids stopping every 3-4 minutes to work through a contraction trying so hard to not let Olivia see me cry.
At 6:30 Adam got home right as my parents showed up and took the kids. Adam asked if I wanted to head up to the hospital but I was still partly in denial so I said no I wanted to wait. I did call L&D to ask them what I should do. They said it could be false labor because I had been stripped that day but I was welcome to come up, if I hadn't progressed in 1hour they would send me home. I did NOT want to go up just to get sent home so I waited and waited finally about 8:30 I could not handle it any longer so we headed up. I do not handle pain well and cannot believe I lasted as long as I did. So we got settled in, my nurse checked me I was relieved to hear I was at a 6 I was not going home YAY!! Now I just needed my epidural and I was good to go. I ended up having to wait almost an hour. I felt bad because I was so grouchy everytime I had a contraction my sister was there and we would all be laughing at something or another then BAM contraction and I would be telling her and Adam to shut up and stop making me laugh.(I don't think they were offended I think they thought it was funny) I finally got my epidural and I was in heaven. We spend the next couple of hours laughing and cracking jokes about delivery and other random things I had the BEST nurse EVER she loved us we were all having good time.
My sister had to bail to go home and feed her baby about 10:30. At 11:00 I was checked and was at a 8 I assumed baby would most likely come in the next hour or 2 and told my sister. At 11:29 my sis text me and wanted to come back for the delivery I had just been checked and was a 10 and ready for delivery I text her back and said she better hurry my Dr had just arrived and I was gearing up for delivery. 11:32 just as I was about to push she text and said "wait for me" I read it out loud to Adam my Dr, heard and asked if we needed to wait for someone? I knew she would be there soon so I said no lets do this. So we started pushing, 6 minutes later at 11:38 Micah was born. So my sis missed the delivery, it totally cracks me up she missed it by a minute I had just started pushing when she knocked on the door so she waited in the hall until he was born then she came in. He was my fastest delivery, although all mine are pretty quick I am very lucky when it comes to that.
Now Micah is 3 weeks old and such a sweetheart. He is the best baby ever and we just love having him in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment