Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why can't I stay up on my blog?

LAME!! I set up a blog mostly because I really hate writing in journals I am awful at it, typing is so much easier. So I wanted to keep a record of my life and all the funny and crazy things my kids do and yet I have missed so much the last couple of months things I swore I would never forget and saddly I did :( So here goes fresh start, and trying to remember some stuff.
Teagan is now 7 1/2 months and is extremely mobile, what am I saying that kid has been getting himself around a room since 4 months he would literally roll himself to get to things then that merged into the inch worm butt up then down it was sooo funny to watch then came the army crawl then he figured out how to sit up and by 6 months he was crawling and pulling himself up to furniture and FALLING!! Poor kid always had a bruise somewhere because once he was up he had no idea how to get down. He has now mastered the sitting straight down part but now Teagan is starting to test out the "letting go see how long I last standing" so I guess we have a few more bruises down the road. I just can't believe that he is almost 8 months he is just so grown up. He is also the sweetest little guy and he abslolutly adores Olivia he just follows her all around the house. If he can't find her he sits on his bottom and whines until she reappears and then all is well and he crawls after her it is so cute. The other day she was sitting in her litttle rocking chair and he crawled over and stood by her and then I hear Olivia say "No Teagan I am not your binki" I looked over and he was sucking on her arm laughing it was so funny she would push him off and he would laugh and start doing it again this continued with him finding this hilarious and Olivia not so amused until I saved her and distracted him with toys. I love that he is starting to get playful he now knows the little games we play and will try and start them. The other night I was staying at my Grandma's it was like one in the morning and Teagan was not tired I was exhausted. I was sleeping on a air mattress and had Teagan a little bed made up on the floor next to me. Well we play this game where I put his binki in my mouth backwards and then he will try and get it (I am sure all you moms are familair with this game) anyway on this particular night Teagan decided he wanted to play so he kept crawling on me laughing trying to put his binki in my mouth. The more I resisted and tried not to laugh the funnier he thought it was. I ended up laughing which did not help my cause to get him to sleep but he is so stinkin cute it was worth the hour or so of missed sleep.
Now Olivia my sweet little princess who is going through her "I am the princess do what I say or I will have you beheaded" phase will be turning 4 in just over a month. I can't believe it's been that long since I held her in my arms for the 1st time so tiny and helpless and now she hardly needs me for anything. She is very independant but also very loving and she does still need her daily dose of kisses and hugs which I am grateful for. She is such a good big sister she loves Teagan and wants him everywhere she is. If he is not keeping up fast enough she scoops him up and drags him where she wants him which is usually a fort she has made. She is so creative she constantly has me laughing at the random stories she makes up and the things she says. The other day she was "reading" one of her Olivia the pig books and she looks up at me, furrows her brow and very seriously points at the little boy pig and says "Mom is that my brother when I was a pig" awww the things that go through those little brains I love it. She is always saying the funniest things and I am always so sure I will never forget but I do and I did and I am so sad about it. So I really need to get my butt back in blogging gear and write all that down. *sigh* I just love my little stinkers.

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute! I loved both the Binky stories. Teagan is incredibly mobile! (Ivy didn't crawl until 13 months and it was kind of nice.) Best of luck keeping up with him. And keep the posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, get your butt back in gear! I love the new post :)

    PS. We can definitely schedule you guys in. We'll be there all Thanksgiving week. I'd LOVE to SHOOT your KIDS.

    ReplyDelete