Saturday, May 25, 2013

Micah turns 2


From this...........

to this in 2 years



Last week May 16th Micah turned 2. He LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba so it was a no brainer to go with that as a theme.I had all these great ideas and fun things planned. So the day before his birthday I went out and bought what I needed and then I hit a wall. The dreaded mental wall. I did not want to do a dang thing, I would start making Brobee horns for everyone then lose interest, it was so weird. So I decided to simplify, who says I had to have a big party anyway? So I text all the family and told them there would be no formal party. Adam and I and the kids would be roasting hotdogs and making smores in the backyard, they were welcome to stop by if they wanted and have a smore. Easy peasy, stick a candle in a smore and call it good. So his birthday came and I spent the day playing with my little guys and just relaxing. Then about 3:00, I started feeling guilty.  I decided he needed a cake. Why? Because I am weird like that. So I made a chocolate cake and then 2 hours later this emerged from the kitchen. I have to admit for not being planned and made totally last minute, I am pretty darn proud of myself and Micah absolutely loved it!

Everyone ended up choosing to stop by around the same time so it turned into a party anyway but we had a good time. I'll tell you what having a party outside is the BEST!!


Micah's first smore

Happy birthday little man we love you so much!!

3 comments:

  1. He's 2? Wow it's been a long time since we've all gotten together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just whipped up that cake? Something I could NEVER do. Im liking all of these new posts!

    ReplyDelete